Pin It

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Facebook timeline of Christmas quotes


Just in time for Christmas quotes, the Facebook timeline has been launched. I actually find using the Facebook timeline much easier to find things in. In other words quite a bit better organisation. The weird thing I find with the timeline is that it doesn't seem to include some of my previous posts.
On searching Facebook timeline I find there is a bit of a debate going on amongst the users.

Some even seem to be under the delusion Facebook timeline looks like or is going to make Facebook like MySpace. It looks nothing like MySpace really and it is the way people choose to use or abuse the social networks that make or break them. As I scrolled through the various comments on three of the authority links in the first result I saw some comments that were just plain silly, and some that if there is truth to them then just don't hit the like button.

Therms of use for Facebook have some similar clauses to that of playing the lotteries and certain raffles, so if you see your mug come up in an ad don't blame Facebook timeline, you agreed to the Facebook terms when you sign up. By the way, I think it a good idea to let you know at this point the posts I have been checking out are on The Facebook information pages at Facebook.

During my searches through the new and the improved features Facebook timeline presents us with, I noticed they have some pretty neat Facebook timeline covers which include quotes. You can even submit or suggest covers. Being it would take too long to go through them all I don't know if there is any Christmas quotes or quotes for Christmas for those who like to keep a seasonal look to their profile.

Nor can I say whether or not they have quotes about Christmas for those who keep a Christmassy feel to their whole life where they can. Personally though I like the Facebook cover photo idea I have also used that feature. Seeing the quotes category in Facebook timeline covers made me think about a few of the quotes we grew up with. On such quote being,

It's not the gift, but the thought that counts. And was interested to find that even though we use it all year round it is actually a Christmas quote from Henry Van Dyke. Another I grew up hearing was from Charles Schulz, Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone. But then there are probably thousands of quotes about Christmas that are not just quotes for Christmas, that if we all at least used them a little more and maybe even practiced some of them.

Specially in places like Facebook, the doom and gloomers against Facebook timeline may see it will be what we make of it. Who knows there may be some new,waiting to be discovered, quotes for Christmas and other occasions from Facebook timeline users that will endure the ages as those we grew up with. They'll be the ones, if submitted to Facebook timeline covers, that will become as synonymous with future generations as those already with our generation and those before us.



Christmas quotes, quotes about christmas, quotes for Christmas, Facebook timeline, Facebook timeline covers, Facebook cover photo,

1 comment:

  1. Fine information, many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Very much thanks again and best of luck! Facebook Timeline covers

    ReplyDelete