Pin It

Thursday, December 8, 2011

QR code plus Business ideas for it


QR codes are on my brain for some reason. I was just half watching a show called Iquest which inspired me to write this post. The whole theme was centered around Steve Jobs and his whole life both personal and business. This reminded me of recently finding out about the genius of QR codes. The reason I found out about the QR codes was because I recently got an iPad. Once I got the iPad I found I was able to use the QR code reader app another great iPad use.


Now thanks to using one of the many QR code generators I am able to reduce my business card size due to the QR codes holding so much info. ONE tiny little QR code can hold up 4296 characters of alphanumeric data.

I believe somewhere you will find the fact that Steve Jobs would probably have something to do with the invention of the QR codes even thought the people at denso-wave.com appear to have invented them. QR codes seem to also be a version of shot codes which have been round for years. You know the old saying you don't know what you've got until its gone. Well I wish I had the chance to meet Steve Jobs.

What can I put into a QR code?
Here are just a few ideas for QR codes I just thought of (yes someone else may have thought of these first).

QR code Business or other ideas
 Plain Text
 Website URLs
 Google Maps info
 Links for Social Media, iTunes, YouTube Videos
 Phone Numbers & SMS Messages
 Email Addresses & Messages
 Contact Details (VCARD)
 Event (VCALENDAR)
 Wifi Login details
 Paypal Buy Links
 Stocktake info
 Membership info

Plus they are Great for

Marketing - more info for less printing cost
Competitions - because only you know the prize winner until they do
Real estate - refer buyers to more info, contact, a photo gallery etc
Menus - they make ordering easier and quicker select an item send direct to chef or waiter

In fact just about anything you could say could go into QR codes.

Here's one example QR code of the following url
http://tecacentre.net/software/STAMP/more-apps-stamp.php
QR Tag for current URL open in your web browser








If you go to the following link you can make all sorts of things into QR codes
http://www.qrstuff.com

1 comment:

  1. There is a free application to the iPhone, including the free QR reader that can read QR codes. Android smartphone you can use Google or any other free Google in the market, the QR code reader.

    qr code generator

    ReplyDelete