Pin It

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Crock pot recipes perfect for your nook

Crock pot recipes perfect for your nook because you don't want much furniture in your Nook. Because a nook is usually it is a small though quaint spot to have a cosy meal in, such as a breakfast nook. Actually speaking of a kitchen nook or breakfast nook it is there perfect place if it has a decent bench or even a small one to make Crock pot recipes. Crock pot recipes are made in a Crock pot which is a term we used to use back in the 1970's. Now days a Crock pot is known as a slow cooker. Crock pot recipes or slow cooker recipes are becoming more popular again not only because of being more economical but, due to today's busy lifestyle.

The main reason I say a Nook is perfect for Crock pot recipes or slow cooker recipes is because often times you can make a one pot meal or if you use 2 you can make dessert as well. Every winter and often summer I use my Crock pot or slow cooker for a creamed rice recipe, called congee. OK it's the silly season that I am writing this post ion so I'm giving you another of my recipes from my cookbook.

If you omit the cream the following recipe I used when I did the five element diet and over 22 weeks lost 24.9 kilos. I have this for breakfast with 80 grams of peaches when I am on that diet. Or I do the same amount of fruit with 250 gram of homemade yoghurt.

Sweet Congee
Definition a type of Cream rice

1 cup medium grain rice
1 cup sugar
2.5 liters Milk
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tablespoon butter

100ml cream optional

Makes 20 150 gram serves

Method
Measure and combine all the ingredients into a 3 liter slow cooker or crock pot.

Cook in a 3 liter slow cooker or crock pot 3.5 to 4 hours stirring as needed

After the first hour I find mine tends to stick a bit on one side but comes off easily

Like I do You could use 320 grams powdered milk and 2.5 liters of water instead of milk


Chicken Crock pot recipes are simple as they come because chicken recipes are pretty versatile. In fact You could use the above as one of the chicken recipes you do in your nook.

Only add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and use chicken stock instead of the milk. Add some salt and pepper and a small amount of all purpose seasoning and mixed herbs.

Pull apart a whole large chicken that is or you pre cooked. Once the rice is cooked divide the chicken up amongst the rice into 12 serves

The Chicken Crock pot recipes could have ham or turkey substituted for the chicken. Just remember if you use a slow cooker or crock pot to cook the turkey not to use any Turkey brine, because the flavor intensifies.



breakfast nook, chicken Crock pot, chicken recipes, Crock pot recipes, Ham Brine, kitchen nook, Nook, turkey brine, turkey recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment